Saturday, January 9, 2021

January 1-7, 2020

 HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2020 is behind us and wow what a year it was! It has definitely been an unsettling, turbulent year with the corona virus and the presidential election. However, we were very blessed to have had very little change in our day to day schedule. Matt had had steady work despite all the lock downs and lay offs. We have been chugging along with homeschool although we do miss our co ops and all our friends. We have the most wonderful year loving on and getting to know our newest family member Austin! All in all I feel so blessed to have lived through 2020. There were some very low lows, including some hard post partum stuff for me but with the love and support of my family I am doing much better! My testimony of God and His goodness and love for me has grown so much this past year! I feel so much closer to my Savior and have a better understanding of Him and His great love for me! All is well!! 

This first week of January has been so busy! All the post holiday clean up and starting back into school has been good but exhausting! We normally get a two week break from school but we have family coming into town so we decided to use one of our weeks while they are here! I got new glasses and a few hair style so I'm looking like a new lady!













Study thoughts

So one thing I love this week was as I listen to Jared Halverson's thoughts on his channel "unshaken" he talked about how on this mission and how missionaries in general teach some of the doctrines of the restoration by using the obscure scriptures in the Bible. For example, when teaching about baptisms for the dead they point to 1 Cor. 15:29 and say, "See it's here in the Bible!". He pointed out how we don't believe these doctrines because of some verse but because it was restored by God through a prophet and we have gain a testimony of these things through the Spirit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...