Sooooo..just been almost four years since I have posted anything (current) on my blog. It’s been a wonderful, challenging, growth filled four years and maybe I’ll do a large year recap for my own memories sake at some point but for now I am just going to start right back up! My hope is to post weekly to keep more of a family history type blog so we will see how that goes! The biggest, most recent life change is that we moved back to Utah! We’ve been here for about months so we are finding a groove and feeling a little more settled. For the moment we are living with my parents in Diamond valley while we wait for our Texas house to sell (a tree fell on it the week after we left).
8/25-8/31
The kids started their third week of school and for the more part it’s been going really good. Claire is going to school at Vista, which is a charter school that has an emphasis on the arts and technology. She is taking piano, art, orchestra, and theater tech, (has well as her require math, ELA, science, ect.) she is liking most of her teachers and has made some friends! Tyler, Whitney and Kate are all at Diamond Valley Elementary and have great teacher and are finding friends as well. Kate is in the Spanish immersion program so that has been a little challenging but she is doing amazing! Not a single tear has been shed this year over school so I am thanking God everyday! Last year we had to pull Kate out half way through the year because it was such a struggle and source of anxiety for her. So that is the update on school. We have been doing a lot of out door adventuring (well as much as we can with this heat). This week Heidi and I went to see Jersey Boys with Debi, Faun, Tony and Diane and it was great! We have now seen all three plays at Tuachan. Heidi took me to Anastasia for my birthday and we took the kids to see Frozen!
On track (my school) started up this week. So I was busting holding multiple Orientations and getting all the kids added to my classes! So far I have around 60 kids. I am teaching Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 this year so it’s been a lot of work building a new curriculum and recording lots of video lessons! Matt is working for a company called Heartwalker automation and they stay plenty busy making old and new homes “smart” home by automating a whole bunch of different functions in a house!
Well that is the weekly update and I’ll end by sharing one of the things I learned in my scriptures studies this week. This week we are in Helaman chapters 1-6 and we are talking about the continuing war between Nephites and the Lamanites, and one part that stuck out to me was when they were sending the stripping warriors (their young sons) into battle because their parents had made an oath not to fight anymore. Those parents had the skills and knowledge of how to fight so surely they taught their kids all they could before they sent them out to the battlefield. Our role as parents is to teach and train our kids up in the best way we can as we have already been out in the battlefield to help them be able to face what lies ahead.
Enjoy some pictures from the week and don't miss the video at the end!















Video of Enterprise Reservoir fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment