(This has been sitting in my drafts for FOUR years...time to just push publish!)
I keep trying to get caught up on old posts and I put off writing or sharing anything currently going on and I want to change that. It’s April 2020 and the world is in turmoil. The Covid-19 virus that started in China has spread globally causing thousands of death and closing down the country. We have been in a stay home order for many weeks. Only essential business are open, hospitals, grocery stores, gas stations. Restaurants are take out only. If you do go out you are asked to keep 6 feet distance from others and to wear a face mask. Millions of people have lost their jobs. The schools are all closed so everyone is having to home school. It really is a very hard and trying time for many. We have been very fortunate. Matthew is still working, we were already home schooling and we have a ton of space here for the kids to play outside. We are feeling very blessed. 4/20 MondayMatthew finished his last night shift in a six day set so he got home at about 6 am. I am so glad he will have a few days off to help around the house and spend time with me and the kids. I got up early to do some breathing exercises and to study. Austin isn’t having regular bowel movements so he has been a little more fussy than usual which makes the school day a little harder so hopefully that will be resolved soon. When Matt woke up I decided to take a nap. I haven’t been sleeping great so by the afternoon I am bushed. Oh yesterday morning I looked out of the kitchen window and saw this poor scared dog out in the rain. We finally coaxed it to come to us (bribing it with food) and now we have this sweet dog. We are trying to find out if we has a family or if she was dumped. Matt took her to the vet to check for a microchip but the line was outrageous because they just opened the vets back up so he wasn’t able to. I made some kabobs on the grill and we had watermelon and spent the rest of the evening outside playing frisbee and catch. It was a great way to end the day! Tuesday 4/21Not too much to write today just a very normal day! School and things around the house. They are starting to lift some of the restrictions around the city and the stay at home order is supposed to be lifted April 30th. They are opening specific businesses each day and slowly everything should start opening. Oil prices were in the negative so things don’t look great for that industry which obviously affects Matt’s job so we are praying that it can have a bounce back.
Wednesday 4/22Today was my amazing mother’s birthday! There are literally not words created to describe the wonder out magnitude that is my mom. She is an angel straight from heaven and I feel like the most blessed person in the universe to call her mine (boy do I hope my kids feel this way about me someday) I wish terribly I could have been their with her to celebrate!
Thursday-Sunday 23-26Well I’ve noticed if I don’t write the night of or next morning then all the days just mush together. It was Matt’s off set so of course we were on cloud nine to have him home. He taught school for me and let me sleep one of the days which was fabulous! We ran a few errands, did school and played a lot outside! Feeling so very blessed.
Wednesday 4/22Today was my amazing mother’s birthday! There are literally not words created to describe the wonder out magnitude that is my mom. She is an angel straight from heaven and I feel like the most blessed person in the universe to call her mine (boy do I hope my kids feel this way about me someday) I wish terribly I could have been their with her to celebrate!
Thursday-Sunday 23-26Well I’ve noticed if I don’t write the night of or next morning then all the days just mush together. It was Matt’s off set so of course we were on cloud nine to have him home. He taught school for me and let me sleep one of the days which was fabulous! We ran a few errands, did school and played a lot outside! Feeling so very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment