AUSTIN DOUGLASS JAMISON
JANUARY 16, 2020
8 LBS 12 OZ
20"
Here are the last few pictures of me with a big ol' belly!
My dear friends through me a shower on January 9th! It was held at La Madaline and I got SO spoiled!
My angel parents got into town on and we played the waiting game until my induction date on the 16th! I was happy to spend time with them before baby boy came though.
Austin Douglass Jamison
Austin's official due date was January 25, 2020. In early January at my doctors' appointment, Dr. Mohan was so surprised at how low and engage his head was. I was measuring a 2 and 50% effaced so she really thought I wouldn’t make it anywhere near my due date. On the 7th we had an ultrasound to make sure fluid levels were okay (which they were) and we had an appointment as well. I was almost a 3 but still, 50% and my doctor said she would be so surprised if I didn’t go into labor in the next few days. I called my mom with that new information because she wasn’t supposed to come until the 22nd. She decided to fly out 3 days later on the 10th. We were so happy to have her here but the baby was not coming like the doctor thought! We got a lot of organizing done which was a huge blessing! My dad came out on the 15th to help my mom with the kids. On the 16th my doctor advised me to go into labor and delivery because the baby's movement had slowed significantly. Thankfully everything was fine and in reality, they could have sent me home but since I was going to be induced the following day they decided to just have us stay.
It was GO TIME! Before I had been directed to go in to L&D my parents took the kids and went to see my dad's childhood friend who lives about an hour from us. It was 3pm when they decided to have us stay but we didn’t get into the room until 5:30 pm. I told my parents there was no need to rush back. Originally my mom was going to try to be in the room with us but she decided it'd be best to stay and help my dad since it was going to be a late-night delivery. Getting all the kids to bed is no easy feat! At 6pm they started Pitocin. I can't remember our nurse's name but she was apparently new and very stiff and not too friendly which was a bummer! She went MIA so my Pitocin wasn’t getting turned up and things were going very slow. At 7 PM we got a new nurse named Kasey and she was the best! So energetic and on the ball. She got the doctor in there and they checked me (4 and 60) and broke my water! Kasey said if I wanted an epidural then to say so now so that they would have time to get me prepped before things sped up. Of course, I wanted one and by 8 PM epidural was placed. It was just in time because literally as soon as it went in the monitor started going crazy with strong, close together contractions. Phew! At 8:30pm they did another check and I was a 5 and 60 %. Kasey turned off the Pitocin since they had never turned it up and my contractions were doing their thing! Matt and I had been watching all the StarWars movies during his time off so while we waited we watched the last Jedi. At about 10:10 pm I was starting to feel a lot of pain on my right side and thinking the epidural wasn’t working or maybe I need to turn I told the nurse. She said sometimes if the baby is ready that can cause the epidural to stop working if the baby’s head is right there and sure enough I was a 9 and fully effaced!
Now it was for real go time!! They called the on call doctor who had apparently gone home to sleep. Um say what!? She lived close to the hospital but not close enough because I was ready and in a ton of pain. I wanted to push so terribly but they kept saying wait, just wait a little bit longer. Let's just say it felt like an eternity.They had me do one test push at like 10:25pm but he basically fell out so they said no more pushing! Thankfully she walked (ya you read that right WALKED) right in and threw a gown on. I pushed through one contraction and out came his head! One more contraction and out came his body! Born at 10:30 pm! Oh man, there really is nothing like the experience of birthing a child. Easily hands down the most amazing things. Just like that our family grew and this beautiful, healthy baby boy was placed on my chest! He was purple and gooy and oh SO perfect! He had the sweetest saddest little cry. His hair was dark and curly! So here’s to hoping the dark hair stays! We decided to see if he wanted to nurse and he latched right on for a good thirty minutes! Hungry boy. At about 1 am they were ready to move us to our room. From the moment he was born he was so alert and wide-eyed! Ready to take in the world! Sitting in the wheelchair waiting to move rooms was very euphoric. I felt very overcome with emotions. So blessed to be there, holding this precious gift from God. Looking at my amazingly supportive (albeit tired) husband, in a safe warm hospital with all the modern medicine and technology. My parents at my home watching over my other blessings. Just very filled with peace, contentment, and abundant love! Happy Birthday my sweet Austin. We could not be more pleased to have you join our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment