Claire's first holiday season was so much fun! It is however nice to have everything settled dow. I know I've said it before but she is changing SO much. I feel like so many new things are happening and as a first time mom I'm having a little bit of a hard time with it. She is right on the verge of being mobile and that's scares me! My little new born is supposed to be snuggling in my arms not scooting three feet when I set her down! It is exciting and I'm so grateful she is healthy and developing. I try to focus on those things instead of how badly I want her to stay little and for time to slow down!
She has started up solids again (we gave her rice cereal about a month ago) but we feel she is much more prepared now. Her first try at food was a sweet potato. I think it will be a few days until she gets the hang of the new textures and flavors! I LOVE the baby bullet I got from Debi for Christmas. It's so fun and easy to make her food and I know exactly what's in it which is comforting! As I mentioned above she has started scooting, not forward but backward! She has also gotten up on her knees but only a few times. My anxieties come with the thought of her becoming mobile and how much more life is going to change. She is at such a fun/sometimes difficult stage of reaching for EVERYTHING! If there is anything in arms reach she can and will grab it. Which means I have to be so careful with what is around her because after it is in her grasp, it makes its way to her mouth. She has also gotten into the habit of sucking her thumb. I really don't like it because it's not something I can take away down the road. She won't take her pacifiers anymore and sometimes she is fussy and the only thing that will calm her down is that darn thumb. I'll continue to pull it out and hope she forgets about it one of these days!
She has such a wonderful personality, almost always happy and smiley. She is starting to get a little stranger danger and sometimes wants no one but me. A part of me smiles because I feel important and needed but I desperately want her to be comfortable with going to other people! Luckily my little sister is coming out to help me so Claire will have another person to interact with!
Oh the joys of motherhood! To know I have this amazing human being who depends on me! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for giving me this amazing opportunity. My daily struggle is to live in the moment and cherish each second, because as much as I want time to stand still it won't. So I spend the time that I probably should be doing some household chore snuggling my baby while she sleeps! Well I am so excited for this weekend to see my sister! Until next time!
My spiritual thought for the day: Are our house such that we could invite the savior right in without having to turn off the tv or Change the radio station. If not then the spirit cannot dwell there. May we purify our lives to receive Him hour by hour.








No comments:
Post a Comment