Wednesday, April 25, 2012

YUM YUM

4.17.2012 -The dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test...
First off, it was not so dreadful! I think I was more freaked out by everyone telling me how absolutely disgusting this liquid beverage would be! In all reality it was not that bad, not something you want to have with lunch, but it tasted like extra sugary orange soda. The worst part of the experience was the lab tech on staff. Lady you may not "love" your job but you don't have to make it a miserable experience for everyone else! They don't schedule you for an appointment they just say come between 8 and 4. I went as soon as Matthew got home from school and we got there at 3:30. The tech basically said the later in the day you come the more likely you are to fail. Then why even let people come late in the day?!! My doctor told me not to go to the appt. fasting but to try and avoid eating sugary things throughout the day. The tech didn't think I should have eaten anything and basically said, "your probably going to fail". This was the only day I could do this so I said lady just give me the darn juice and lets get this over with! After an hour of waiting she drew my blood and we left. Boy did I have an extreme sugar crash about 30 mins later, I felt like a complete zombie! We will probably get the results at our next appointment and I am hoping I pass because I really don't want to have to do the 3 hour test! Here's to Hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...