Since this is my first week of trying to write weekly I wanted to quickly recap last week because it was filled with so many wonderful things! My sister came up Monday and spent the entire week with us which was a blast! We did the zoo and library and children's museums and she played with the kids non-stop. My parents came up on Thursday and my dad went up to Idaho to help on the ranch while my mom, Heidi, me and the kids had a fun full day of things including watching beauty and the beast in theaters and going up to the capitol which was lots of fun! Friday we hung around and got ready for the busy weekend! Saturday was such a fun busy day. We started out with breakfast donuts for Whit and the kids because it was Whitney's birthday. We had Tyler and Whitney's combined birthday party at the Loveland living aquarium it was crazy and fun but I'll do a separate post about that one. Following the party, all of the girls went to women's conference at the conference center! We got there late and it ended early so it was kind of a bummer but we still had a great time! Oh, what a cool experience I had. I totally miss counted the tickets and we were one short. We didn't notice until we were walking up to the conference center. I felt so dumb and thought there is no way we are going to get another ticket. Just then I looked over and a lady was holding up a ticket looking right at me. I look over and said, "are you giving that away?" she said, "yes!" I was so shocked and grateful! Such a tender mercy! Also when we met up with the group they had found another ticket so then we have one extra. We were almost to the doors when my sister was like we need to find someone who needs this ticket I joking just raised my hand in the air with the ticket and sure enough, a lady behind us said she needed a ticket for her mom! So cool! Anyways so Conference was great and we met up at Iggy's with the guys and kids afterward and it was delicious! Claire and Tyler said at the hotel and had a blast and I actually slept through the night for the first time in FOREVER! Sunday was an amazing day. We attended a sacrament meeting close to the hotel and then we had a baby shower for Megan and Jeremiah at Danny's house. We did a bbq, played some games, and opened presents! Everyone had a good time. The ladies then branched off again to go with Jacky to try on wedding dresses! We were so excited to share that special moment with her. We got her cards, flowers and a special necklace. She is so wonderful and we are so glad she is joining the Loveland family! All in all, it was a super crazy fun filled weekend! I sure love my family so very much!
Alright so now I'll start what I hope to do each week which is to write a little bit each night and then post it every Sunday!
Monday 3/27/17
Today is Tyler's third birthday! We had a big celebration for both Ty and Whit on Saturday so he was kind of surprised when we told him it was his birthday! Matt went and got birthday donuts and the kids were thrilled. Matt spent the morning with the kids so I could get some homework done and it has been very nice since his half semester class ended because that has freed up a lot of his time. Matt brought home pizza for dinner (because you know ninja turtles love pizza!) We had family home evening and we talked about laws and commandments and how even though sometimes they seem restricting they can actually give us more freedom and we used the hourglass analogy. An example, the word of wisdom councils us to not smoke, some might think that restricts one from having a good time but then you see all the benefits from not doing so i.e. not being addicted, not getting lung cancer, etc. It was a great family home evening and the funniest part was when Claire started the lesson she said, "If you don't follow the commandments, Jesus will kill you" umm......alrighty then! We love having Dad come home for dinner and having that special time as a family.
Kid quotes
Tyler, "Mommy, I love you more than ninja turtles!"
Claire, "I have told you my entire life! I just want to be NAKED!"
Our sweet birthday boy is very into ninja turtles, his favorite is Leonardo. He loves watching blind bag videos, what are those you ask? It is where you watch people open up toys. He has a very big heart and is protective of his sisters. He does not like being embarrassed for criticized at all. He is asserting his independents big time and wants to do everything by himself. He is a pro on his balance bike and scooter. He loves to play pretend but mostly only likes playing ninja turtles. He is very expressive and has the best laugh and smile. We love our wonderful boy! Happy Birthday, Ty!
Tuesday 3/28/17
Today was much like any other day with the mornings being filled with some homework, lots of playing and cleaning. Matt took Ty outside to take a spin on his new bike but he wasn't quite getting the concept of peddling. We were grateful that it was a sunny day even if it was still very chilly. We had some time with friends outside and Tyler and his best friend Livi are just the cutest together. Whitney has had a tough day with some major teething so I am hoping she will sleep tonight. Claire has a very croupy cough and was throwing up last night so still some sickness hanging around for us. For whatever reason, the kids call every meal breakfast so at dinner Matt was trying to teach Claire the difference so after explaining how breakfast, lunch, and dinner work
Matt- "So Claire, after we wake up in the morning what do we eat?"
Claire "dinner?"
Matt-"no"
Claire-" Lunch?"
Matt-"no"
Claire- ".........food?!"
We all broke into laughter! Guess we will keep working on it!
Wednesday 3/29/17
The weather was fantastic today so we spent a ton of time outdoors and riding bikes. These kids amaze me at how they can just go and go all day. So. Much. Energy. We watched some friends when I got out of school and then I had to go to a workshop so Emily watched Tyler and Whit. Claire didn't want to leave me so she came to the meeting with me and ate the snacks the whole time! The workshop was about negotiating your salary and it was for women. There were a ton of feminist who were pretty much male bashing and complaining about the wage gap. I get that things need to change but it was really frustrating to be in that class and feel like everyone was so against "the man" I was the only one in the introductions that said I am wanting to be a stay at home mom and boy you should have seen the ice daggers I was getting. It is very sad how women these days think that staying home and raising your family is something to look down on and that it is oppressive. I really just don't get it. To me, no amount of success in a career would ever give me the same fulfillment as being able to raise my kids. Anyways, the one good thing I took away was to have a good credit score because employers look at that. All in all, it was a great day and I am so blessed.
Kids quotes
I have to get better about writing the funny, sweet, crazy things they say or I forget by night time. However, they do this one thing daily that just melts me. They each tell me that they love me more than _______. Example. Tyler, "Mom, I love you more than ninja turtles!" (that's huge!) Claire, "Mom, I love you more than Unicorns!" (say what?!) It is darling and I just feel so loved! Best kids ever!
| naughty baby, wrestling her friend |
Thursday 3/30/17
Today the weather was super crummy so we spent a lot of time indoors. All the kids wanted to do was ride their bikes so the second the rain let up they were out riding. We had Whitney's hip check up today and we got great news! Her left hip looks great! It has done a lot of developing in the past four months and only looks slightly underdeveloped compared to the right. Dr. Woicqik (pronounced Y-check) Said that we should be in the clear! There is a 10-20% chance of regression from wearing the Pavlik harness so we will go back in again in 6 months. We are so grateful for the amazing care we have had at primary children's and for our family and friends for the many prayers and fasting for Whitney.
| Today's x-ray on the left and 4 months ago on the right |
| spaghetti yum! |
| Claire said, "sometimes when you are on vacation those stick to your face, and you just relax!" lol |
Friday 3/30/17
I cannot believe today is the last day of March! This morning was a mad dash to finish up some homework that was due and I got it done. Then before class started we went up to kindergarten registration....yes you read that right. My baby is going to be starting school!! Oh, my that kills me a little inside to even write that. I have no idea if I am just a seriously crazy person but I had such a hard time today. Like tears, wanting to vomit and major anxiety...... The other moms there all seemed super chill and were asking how likely it was that their kid would be placed in the full day! FULL DAY! Like 7 hours of school for a 5-year-old. I don't know, I am still seriously considering homeschooling but I just wanted to cover my bases if we end up going with public school. Anyways, so we have established that I am that crazy attached mom that is holding on to Claire's coat tails for dear life. She had to take an assessment and they went by themselves so I am not sure what all she was tested on but she said she had a good time. I do not understand how parents watch their kids grow up...it's very hard for me! So, yes that was an adventure and the rest of the afternoon was switching from school to work and all that. I decided to take the kids to city creek to play and eat dinner since Matt wasn't going to make it home and we had a great time! I had to go full momma bear on some kid who just ran up to Tyler and tackled him off of one of the climbing toys. I ran over and said, "HEY HEY STOP IT!!" He let go and then open hand double slapped Ty right in the face. My blood was boiling at that point and I said, "you keep your hands to yourself!!" The kid ran off and I scooped the shocked, crying Tyler off of the floor. Other people's kids can sure be turds. I was calming down Ty and telling him he needs to stick up for himself and if the kid came back we would try and find his mom when I look over to see the kid had made it to his dad and was in a crying fit. I walked over and told his dad what I saw and the kid lifted up his shirt to show that Tyler had bitten him when the kid tackled him. I said sorry but he was defending himself. The kid said the reason he tackled Ty was because Tyler was climbing up the dinosaur wrong....are you kidding me?! His dad apologized and it ended up being fine. I do feel a little bad because I scared the crap out of him and it happened to be his birthday! Opps! Don't mess with momma bear! Other than that we had a fun time out and the kids were bushed by bed time!
Saturday 4/1/17
Happy First day of April! This weekend is the LDS General Conference! I feel like a kid on Christmas. It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that we get to hear the voice of the Lord through His disciples. I have come with a few questions and am really hoping for some needed revelation. There have been so so many great talks and I have felt The Holy Spirit very strongly. Can't wait for tomorrow! The weekends are always my favorite with lots of time spent outdoors and playing. Today the weather was great so between sessions of the conference we had a picnic and rode bikes. Matt's cousin Chelsea and her baby Amelia are in town from Texas so we went to dinner at Zupa's (my all time favorite restaurant and it did not disappoint!) Then we went to Jessie's house and hung out for a while! It was very fun to see everyone! Tomorrow we will be babysitting Amelia during the morning session and then Sam and Kari are coming up and we will all watch afternoon together and then have a bbq! It should be a fun day! Here's to hoping it doesn't rain!
| This big girl took a shower all by herself! |
| singing with dad |
| Conference bingo and booklet! (It didn't last very long but hey!) |
| package from the st.g Loveland's! |
| Pulling an April fools joke on dad! Claire "broke" her arm and Ty pooped his pants! LOL |
| Hanging out with Amelia! |
| Grandma Faun with all her great grand babies! |
| Playing with aunt Jeffie! |
Sunday 4/2/17
Today was a great day! General Conference was amazing. I was very overcome with feelings of love for our dear Prophet. His testimony was so strong that it brought me to tears. We had a bbq after the second session with Faun, Chelsea, Amelia, Sam, Kari, Jessie, Joel, and our neighbors the Haslams. It was a wonderful sabbath day.
| Giving Sam & Kari a little taste of twins |
Well, I did it! I actually wrote every single night! Wahoo! Hopefully, I can make this a habit!

No comments:
Post a Comment