Sunday, April 9, 2017

April week 1

I am going to preface this post with a disclaimer! I am not sure that many people actually read my blog but for those of you who do I really hope you enjoy it and can look past the grammar and punctuation errors. I will try my best to make it bearable to read. (Keep in mind I am a Math major, not an English major!) I normally write these posts around midnight so my thoughts might not always be clear and concise but I hope you get the idea! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday 4/3/17
Today was a very full day! We started out the morning with a trip to the zoo. We took Grandma Faun, Chelsea, and sweet baby Amelia. It was a lot of fun even though it was pretty cold. When we got done at the zoo I had to run to a class which was great, mostly because my professor told us we won't be having a final. YAY! After class, I ran Matt to work and we headed to the library. Following the library, we went to city creek to let the kids play at the play place and we met up with a friend for dinner! The kids were so tired when we got home and went right to bed. Something that is so tender, Claire had a really hard weekend with being kind to Tyler and listening to us. I mean like a total stinker and I felt like I was constantly on her case. I even started crying at one point because I was at a serious loss as to what to do. She has such a good heart but for whatever reason, she just feels like she cannot be kind to Tyler. So at the end of the day on Sunday, you could tell it was weighing heavy on her. She said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard, pleading with Heavenly Father to help her find the kindness in her heart. Guess what? It is working! She had a great day today. She was very helpful and was a great listener and was even very nice to Ty (with a few exceptions.) Prayer is such a wonderful thing and I am so glad she has such great faith and an earnest desire to try. 













Pretending to be Moana!


Tuesday 4/4/17

Today is one day I wish would never fade from my memory. We didn't to anything out of the ordinary but the kids were wonderful and got along and we spent the entire day playing, learning, and just enjoying each other. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, Claire has been praying and trying very hard to have her heart softened and to be more kind to Tyler. Today she did amazing! She stopped at one point in the day while we were outside playing and she said a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father, it was the sweetest. We have decided to homeschool! I feel really good about it! Today was a little glimpse into one of the reasons I want to homeschool. We worked for a good part of the morning helping Claire to read her first book all by herself. She is doing amazing and the look of pure joy on her face when she read the whole page by herself is something I am so glad I get to witness. Even though it was freezing we spent the majority of the day outside. I swear the fresh air and the sunshine are just good for the soul. The kids also do so much better when they get to release their energy and aren't cooped up inside all day. Today was just wonderful and was a reminder of how blessed I am to have such an amazing family. How blessed I am with a safe home and all the comforts I could ever wish for. I was determined not to fall asleep tonight while putting the kids down, so I was singing them a good night song when Ty wanted me to hold him so I scooped him up and went to Claire's bed and we all snuggled while I sang them just about every primary song I know while they both drifted off to sleep. I am so in love with my babies! 















Oh, I forgot to say, I LOVE being off social media!! It has been the best thing for me! As silly as it sounds I feel like my life has changed. I am much more attentive and focused. I feel like I have way more time in the day and mostly I just really feel like I'm living my life in the moment. I know that sounds totally dorky but honestly, I don't think I will ever go back on! 

Wednesday 4.5.17
Today was great! We had an appointment in the morning, went to Costco in the early afternoon, and then spent the rest of the day outside with friends! The weather was much warmer today, so warm in fact that the kids played in their swimming suits! The kids were beyond ready for bed tonight. If I have said it once I have said it one million times. I.am.so.blessed. I just spent the last hour looking through old pictures. I cannot believe how big Claire and Tyler are now. Even just from one year ago they are both so different. I cried a ton just thinking about how claire isn't my baby, heck she isn't even my toddler anymore. UGH! This parenting business just does a number on your heart. Man, I hope the next five years don't go as quickly as the last. 





my babies! xoxo

Thursday 4/6/17
Matt took the older two kids out on errands during Whit's morning nap so I could get some homework done. They went and got training wheels for Tyler's bike and they stopped for some yummy waffles! Today was another beautiful day so naturally, we spent the majority of the day outside soaking up the sun. It was even warm enough that the kids jumped in their suits and played with their water soakers! It was a fabulous, fun filled day! 




 Sorry, I couldn't choose so you get to see them all!














Friday 4/7/17

I feel like I was running non-stop today! Last night was a little rough with C&T both up around midnight. Tyler was crying about his leg and we finally figured out he had a cut on his toe that was hurting him. Claire was complaining that her cheek was hurting and then it was her ear, so we gave her some medicine to help with the pain. In the morning we took her to the doctor and sure enough, she has an ear infection. I did a major grocery shopping trip which always stinks to do but feels great to have done! We had a community pizza party and there was a great turn out. A great day for sure, now I just need a good nights rest! 


















Saturday 4/8/17

Today we worked on getting the house cleaned in the morning and I made chicken tortilla soup for lunch. Matt is the sweetest and he let me go play volleyball for 3 hours!!  Yes, you read that right and I am pretty sure I will be feeling it tomorrow but it was a blast! We spent the afternoon at home and then we took the kids to parent night out. All three of them had a really hard time with us leaving, which kills me inside as a parent but when we picked them up their teachers said they all did great and had a good time! Matt and I got to have some alone time which I love! We drove up to Farmington and went to Habit which is our favorite burger joint and then we went and walked around Cabela's but only for a bit because they closed at 8 which I found totally strange. Then we went to old navy and I bought two new shirts. On the way home to get the kids it started snowing! SNOW! What the heck, it is April. We seriously had every type of weather today! It was raining in the morning, warm and sunny in the afternoon and then snow at night. So weird. We went to the Haslam's for the bit when we got home because Sarah had made some delicious cookies. Such a fun day!






My mom called me today with some very sad news. A neighbor friend of ours was in a head on collision and passed away. He was in the stake presidency when we lived in Diamond Valley and was currently serving as the Bishop of the Veyo ward, he was only 53 years old. I remember he always had the best biggest smile on his face and he really was a very kind person. My stomach has been in knots since hearing this terribly sad news. I can't help but think of his poor family who is now grieving. I am so grateful to know that this life is not the end and that we can all be together as a family again some day. My heart aches and I am constantly praying for comfort for his loved ones. I am going to link his I am a Mormon profile. His testimony is a great legacy left for his family.


Sunday 4/9/17

Today we woke up to even more snow and the kids are excited but I am bummed! I am sure it will melt quickly but I am so over winter and ready for spring/summer! Church was wonderful but I had a hard time keeping it together with thoughts of the Ivie family constantly in my mind. I am sure it was a very difficult Sunday for his family and the Veyo ward. With today being Palm Sunday, thoughts of our Savior and the final days leading up to the most amazing event in all of history have consumed my mind. I showed my primary class the video He is Risen and they were all glued to the screen. I am forever grateful for the knowledge and testimony I have of my Savior. One of my favorite scriptures, D&C 76:22 "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" I can't wait for Easter next Sunday. I am really going to try and make the focus more on the Savior rather than on the Easter bunny, eggs hunts, etc. (Don't worry we will still have lots of fun!) 



1 comment:

  1. I love too many things about this post but mostly you should know how loud I shrieked with joy when I saw Whit on that skateboard! Allll the heart eyes! You are totally killin' this mom thang!

    ReplyDelete

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...