Sunday, April 23, 2017

April week 3

Here are a few photos that should have gone with last week but Matt sent them to me after I had already posted it! 






Monday 4/17/17
Whitney had her one-year-old appointment today. She is lbs and inches tall and is in the 50 percentile. She got her vaccines today and boy was she mad about it! It is so sad to have to hold your baby down but much better than the alternative. She also had to get her blood drawn for a lead and hemoglobin test. That was WAY worse than the shots, they had to poke her finger and just squeeze and squeeze 3 vials of blood worth. Luckily she was bleeding like mad so it didn't take very long. As terrible as she thought it was the sucker cheered her right up! Matt and the two older kids played outside while we were at the appointment and Tyler totally surprised Matt by just hoping on Claire's two wheeled scooter and just started cruising around! I went to class and did my problem presentation. As much as I hate being in front of the class, this time it actually wasn't too bad! After class, we met up with Carah and her babies at the Children's Museum. It was a lot of fun and it just so happens that it was Gwen's first birthday! I will be so sad when Carah leaves but I have a feeling we will stay in touch. We got to have dad home for dinner which we love! The kids get really goofy at night if they are super tired so we had a good long laugh when I held Ty's feet so he could dive off the bed to grab a toy but in the process, he passed gas so loud! lol. Claire was dying of laughter! It was pretty funny! 












Tuesday 4/18/17
Today was gradfest up at Weber State. My friend Alysha who is also graduating came up to Ogden with me. We left our babies with neighbors and had a good time going to all the booths, getting our cap and gown, and eating cake at 8 am!  When we got home Matt and Ty went and ran some errands and brought home sweet tooth fairy cupcakes. They lasted all of 2 minutes and were delicious! I had my last Math in Medicine lecture toady! I can't believe graduation is less than two weeks away! It felt much more real after going to gradfest and I am not going to lie I teared up a bit just thinking how glad I am to almost be finished. It was raining on and off today so we spent the majority of our time indoors. I caught the spring cleaning bug and went through the kid's dresser, closet and toy bins. I don't know why I thought to start a cleaning project right before finals was a good idea but I might have to put it on hold for a bit. I talked to my sister Megan for a long time on the phone and it was great to catch up. She is out in Washington while Jeremiah does summer sales. She is due with her second baby in a few weeks and I cannot wait to have a little niece!! So excited. Claire went to her friend Afton's house tonight and Tyler had his little best friend Livi over for a while so that helped cure the indoor blues. Well, I had better get to doing some homework. It will be great when I never have to use that sentence again! 



Wednesday 4/19/17
Today we went to the Children's museum in the morning with Tess and her cute kids! The kids had a blast and we grabbed some costa vita afterward which was delicious. On the way home the kids fell asleep so I parked, ran in to get my homework, and stole a few minutes to do that while they slept. It was supposed to be rainy but it ended up being a beautiful day so we spent a lot of time outside playing. Matt was really busy at work so he didn't make it home for dinner. However, it worked out fine because right after he called me to say he wasn't coming home, I decided I wasn't going to make my planned meal and then my neighbor came out and invited us to come eat with them! I know I've said it before but we really do have the best friends/neighbors. It really will be a sad day when we move. When Matt got home from work we started watching The great British bake off which is a really fun show.  Oh, before Whit fell asleep tonight she was being so cute. She kept "kissing" (I quote it because she really just leaves her mouth wide open) me and laughing repeatedly. Then she would stop and just look at me for a few second and then break into a huge smile. It was the sweetest. Man, I am the luckiest Mom ever. 







Thursday 4/20/17
Some nights it is really hard for me to remember what we did during the day. Ya, I know my memory is SO bad. Matt took the kids to the dentist this morning so I could work on some homework. He said the kids did great and none of them had any cavities so that is the best news! When the kids got home Matt buzzed Ty's hair! It will be a good cut for the summer but he looks so little, however, I do not mind that at all! I mentioned that yesterday we started watching that baking show so we watch an episode with the kids. Needless to say, my lunch and smoothie were met with some hilarious criticism from claire (and in her best British accent) which was pretty much the cutest thing ever! Matt even pitched in his criticisms....it was not as cute. Just kidding it was hilarious! I had my final class of the semester so now it is officially finals time. It was rainy today so we spent the day indoors. My friend who is moving soon came over to borrow some rice and ended up inviting us for dinner! (I know I sound like a mooch but I swear I am being invited!) We had delicious Hawaiian haystacks and I ate way too much. The kids fell asleep in the blink of an eye and I am going to finish up some homework and start on my final! 





Friday 4/21/17
I went to school early to get some studying in before lab. Matt and the kids picked me up and we had lunch at Cafe Rio. While we were eating Jacky called and asked if I would come look at some possible dresses for the wedding! I was not dressed up so it felt funny to try on pretty dresses and the kids were totally crazy but it was still fun! When we got home the kids played outside until it was time for us to babysit some neighbor friends. Oh man, they are darling kids and the little boy made me terribly baby hungry! However, watching all five kids was pretty chaotic. Overall, great day!





Saturday 4 /22/17
Sam and Kari ended up staying the night at our house because they forgot the keys to Jessie's house. Kari had a test this morning at the U for her degree. Matt and Sam took the kids to the zoo so I could have some time to get the house clean. It felt so great to get everything cleaned up and I did finish my project of cleaning out the kids closet and clothes so that was good. In the afternoon we ran some errands and grabbed some chick fil a. Matt let me take a nap, which was heavenly! The kids spent many hours outside playing so that is a sign of a good day. We had dinner and the kids went to Livi's house to watch Moana. I left around 8 with some friends to have little girls night at waffle love. I had never been before but it was AMAZING. Seriously, I will be back for sure. Matt and I watched some great British baker while I did a little studying. Saturdays are my favorite. I love all the time we get to spend with Matt. Tyler was so very sweet tonight as I was putting him to bed. He is the best little snuggler and loves to get hugs and kisses. As he was falling asleep he looked over at me and said, "Mom, you are going to marry me. When I get bigger and bigger we are going to get married!" Oh, melt my heart. I couldn't break it to him that he will find his own special lady so I just gave him a big hug and kiss instead. I don't know who is going to end up with my little boy but she will be getting the sweetest boy on the entire planet. I love my little man.







Sunday 4/23/17
Today was great. A very relaxing and restful sabbath. It was my co-teacher Emily's last Sunday so that was sad. I am so grateful we have become such good friends and I am glad she isn't moving too far away. We all took a great Sunday nap and had yummy bbq chicken sandwiches for dinner. The kids have been begging to make cookies so we did that. Then we did puzzles and watched the jazz game!












No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...