Monday 4/10/17
Today was much like every other day in the fact that we did our normal routine of playing, eating, napping, going to school, going to work. and all of those type of things. We did have a friend who moved away at the beginning of the year come by to say hi which was a lot of fun! It is weird to think someday that will be us on the other end of not living in the village. For now, I am going to soak up the built in neighbor friends, the park 10 feet from our door, and always feeling like someone has your back in a pinch. With all the snow we had yesterday I did not think it would be a play outside all day type of day but it was and that was nice. Whitney is getting a molar and is a total monster! Poor baby. Here's to hoping she sleeps good tonight! Only a few more weeks of the semester and I cannot wait to put this one behind me. With all the sickness this one has felt forever long and I am completely over it! We had an interesting experience a few days ago. I told Matt I wanted to go to Midvale, UT for my graduation get away and I was dreaming and scheming away. We had almost all the ducks in a row with a sitter for the kids, our list of things to do, and a two-night suite at the Zermatt. On Friday day I had a feeling that we shouldn't go. It was a very quick but powerful prompting. I said to myself I will talk to Matt tonight but as the night rolled on I forgot. When Matt and I were almost asleep he said, "I have a really weird feeling about our Midvale trip." My mind was immediately flooded with my earlier prompting so I shared that with him. We both decided that we had better listen to this prompting and we both felt a huge flood of relief. Although we will never know in this life why we weren't supposed to go, I am SO grateful for the Holy Ghost. Tonight our family home evening was a review of the song "He sent His Son". We had little "palm" leaves that we laid down over the picture that corresponded with a particular verse. The kids had a good time. Well to say I am exhausted would be an understatement and if you were wondering I am so terribly sore from volleyball!
Have you heard of google photos?! Jessie introduced me to it and I am hooked and also a little bewildered! The "assistant" made these cute videos of the kids so enjoy!
Tuesday 4/11/17
Today was a very fun day! The morning we lounged around and then I had class in the afternoon. I was planning on taking the kids to the library but we decided to grab some lunch and then go to smurfs! don't ask me why I thought to try to take all three kids to the movies by myself was a good idea. Ty and Claire liked it and did really good until the last 15 minutes, but Whitney was a totally crazy fuss the entire time! It was still a fun time though! 
Wednesday 4/12/17
Today I had plans of getting caught up on some homework but Matt looked so tired when I got up that I let him sleep in and I took the kids to the zoo with my neighbor Sarah! Matt and Jake met us at the zoo for lunch which was fun. After we got back from the zoo we saw some friends were splashing around in a blow-up pool so we joined the fun and then we had a community bbq that evening. The kids begged me to cuddle them so my homework got put off again, which was totally worth it! They were exhausted so they crashed and so did I! What a day. I love my life!
Whit found this pacifier and although she hasn't taken one in months she is in love and will not let it out of her sight! lol.
Ty said, "Mom I need you to cuddle me!" With his big puppy dog eyes and I just couldn't say no!
Thursday 4/13/17
Matt hung out with the kids this morning so I could get caught up on homework. Only 8 days of class and 14 days until graduation! The residence counsel put on a spring family festival at the union and it was a blast! Pony rides, ghetto face painting, carnival games, and balloon animals! The kids had so much fun and once again a very fun, eventful day is in the books!
Look how cute this google photo collage is! Best Friends!
Friday 4/14/17
Matt wanted to take the kids to do something this morning before I had to go to school. He wanted the aviary but the kids wanted the library so I'll let you guess who won! We grabbed some doughnuts and off we went. They opened a new reading room and it is amazing! I really think when we leave SLC that the library will be one of the things I miss most. I also have a plan to try and go every Friday morning. Matt had to go into work early for a meeting so I had to miss one of my classes but it is winding down so it wasn't a big deal. We spent the rest of the day at home and I went over to a neighbors house once the kids were down and we stuffed Easter eggs for the hunt tomorrow morning! It is sure to be a fun filled day tomorrow so I better hit the hay!
Saturday 4/15/17
Holy smokes today was nonstop! We had an Easter egg hunt here in the Village and the kids had a blast! The both got a bunch of eggs and candy galore. Matt went to the temple in the morning and I went in the afternoon. It was an amazingly peaceful experience and every time I go it goes by way to quick. I took the kids around Temple square to look at all the beautiful flower and it honestly has got to be one of the most beautiful gardened places. We had dinner at costa vida with the Haslam's and decorated eggs at their place after! It was a messy good time! As you can imagine the kids were spent and feel right to sleep. Can't wait for Easter tomorrow!
Sunday 4/16/17
When the kids woke up we had a little egg/basket hunt set up for them which they loved! We kept it very simple this year but they didn't seem disappointed. Church was great and of course, very focused on the Savior. We watched a movie together as a family after church and played outside with the kids Easter goodies, (chalk, bubbles, and toys). Danny and Jacky came over for dinner which wasn't an Easter ham but Alfredo! They stayed for a while and we played four square, drew with chalk, and of course a competion of who could throw the ball through the whole. It was a lot of fun to have them over and it truly was a wonderful Easter Sunday!
Claire's unicorn!
The following link has a wonderful message about our Savior. So grateful for Him on this beautiful Easter Sunday.













No comments:
Post a Comment