Friday, November 1, 2013

HALLOWEEN 2013

First things first, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I'm not usually as excited about this holiday as I am about most but now that we have Claire the magic and wonder has swooped back in! We have been indulging in all of the festivities from the fun movies, carnivals, pumpkin carving, and costumes, to all the yummy treats! We were so sad that Matthew had to work and I kept thinking all night how much he would have loved to see his sweet daughter walking around all dressed up. For lunch we made these adorable hot dog mummies and a pumpkin shaped veggie platter as well as homemade root beer in a pumpkin while we watch hotel Transylvania (super cute movie). Then we all got dressed up and headed into town! My mom was a zombie nurse, Heidi was a dead cindy loo hoo, I was a bug catcher and Claire was a lady bug!
Our first stop was to findlay kia the car dealership to hit up their trunk or treat, when we sufficiently filled out candy bag we headed over to Debi's and then followed her to a place called Cynthia Lane. Now I will never do this street justice and the amazing holiday spirit it brought just cannot be written but I have to stay I was SO impressed, it made our whole night. The street is closed off from both ends and decorated to perfection! The most unique thing was that people weren't just giving out candy but kettle corn, corn dogs (homemade and the best ones I've ever had), hot cocco, cotton candy, bottle water, and doughnuts. I know it sounds like paradise! They had music playing, lights and ghost strung from house to house and a go-cart pulling these bucket seats for kids to ride in! Can you say awesome!  We went way early when there wasn't many people it was perfect. Okay I could seriously write about it for another hour but needless to say we had such a blast. Claire was starting to get the idea if I walk up to these strange people they give me the candy I love so much. But she mostly just wanted to go inside their house for a look around. Goofy girl. After that street my Mom and Heidi left to go to Thriller and Debi and I went to take Claire to see her Dad at work. She was pretty much pooped at it was only 7! Matt loved seeing us in our costumes and was excited to get off work to spend time with us. He told me later that evening that it was the first time that he really felt so sad that he wasn't able to be with us this year. Hopefully it will be different next year! Over all we had such a great Halloween and precious Claire made the cutest little lady bug! Now I am off to hide from myself the few pieces of Claire's candy that survived while I was writing...ugh can you say belly ache!











 Pictures from the spooky town fair

Pirate dig


She was a little scared!
I know SO creepy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...