Sunday, November 3, 2013

18 weeks/ 15 months

How far along: 18 weeks
Weight gain: Still holding strong at 5 but I am sure once all this Halloween candy I've eaten settles in it will be a much different story!
Maternity clothes: Yes and no but boy I don't think it'll be long till I have to be all in.
Stretch marks: Nope!
Belly button in or out: In-ish
Sleep: So,so! Claire had a sudden spell of screaming in the middle of the night leading to us letting her in our bed and thus me getting very little sleep!
Best moment this week: Halloween! It was so much fun! And I felt my first really good kick/punch, it was awesome! Can't wait to feel that more often!
Worst moment this week: Getting my first bout out heart burn! It is way too early for that crap! 
Miss anything: Soda, I am not a big drinker but now that I shouldn't have it I am really craving it!
Movement: Oh ya! I know for sure it was baby movement this time and not just gas! :)
Cravings: Hot dogs...in all of their silly forms such as, corn dogs, chili dogs, pigs in a blanket, and just old fashioned bun style.....Gross I know. And I have been on a toast binge. Topped with homemade raspberry Jam.
Queasy or sick: Feeling pretty good! Still got tons of mucus but other than that and the random heart burn episode feeling great!
Looking forward to: Starting up a yoga routine to relive some of the back pain. (And of course the always present excitement of finding out the gender!)
All about baby: Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper). He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
Go here to see week 18 of my pregnancy with Claire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15  Months


Claire bear is now a 15 month old ball of energy! I figure I will do updates every 2-3 months on Claire even though she changes so much in just a week! Man this little angel of ours sure has a personality! She knows what she wants and when she wants it and she has quite the set of lungs! She is still such a sweet heart and isn't shy with her smiles! She has lessened the eye brown knitting! But stills gives the greatest looks when shes not happy. She is such a good eater and really likes just about everything. She has her moments when she just isn't hungry which gives me so much anxiety because she is already so tiny but I know that when she is hungry she will eat so its okay! Man with all of the Halloween candy around she has become quite the sweets lover which we are trying to keep to a minimum! She has gotten four molars! It is so crazy to see such big teeth in such a little mouth, but it really allows her to eat some harder foods. Her hair is coming in slowly but surely, with the bottom slightly curly and the top pin straight! She is so active and runs around everywhere! I think she is going to be a track star. She also LOVES to climb. on everything. all the time. haha So that just means we get to watch her extra carefully! As far as her speech goes she has her favorite word down pat. "No". Yup that's right and she says it a lot! She also says mamma, Dada, shoe, daisy, hi, eye, nose (okay so I am being liberal when I say she says...but she sorta says.) Her new thing is to come up and poke you in the eye while saying eye. She thinks it's great and well hey she is learning right?! Nap times are going good and vary everyday and I think she really might kick it down to one nap but we will see! I am sure there is so much I am forgetting but we really are having such a fun time watching her change and grow she lights up each day and we just think she is the greatest! Now I am going to get really mushy and emotional here so if that stuff makes your nauseous stop reading! 

I have been filling full to the brim and just need to write all this stuff down! I am sure a huge part of this is the pregnancy hormones but I am also sure I feel this way because our lives will soon be changing big time. I have felt so needy and clingy towards Claire lately! After we were done trick or treating on Halloween and while I was putting her to sleep and rocking in our chair I just couldn't help but sit there long after she had fallen asleep and between singing lullabies and crying I just felt SO blessed. This sweet little angel in my arms is all mine. She brings me a joy and hope that I have never felt before. I kept thinking about how I could have prolonged motherhood and done so many other things but that I would have been missing out on the best times of my life, no degree, job, travel, or experience could bring me the happiness that I have now. As I studied Claire's perfect soft skin, her long lashes, her adorable lips drooped open and her heavy breathing I knew that this is what life was all about. Being her mother and being Matt's wife are my greatest treasures. My thoughts the other day were so much more clear and I should have written them down then but the overall theme of this past week has been me taking every moment I have to hold and love on our sweet girl and I know our love will only multiply with the new baby but I am soaking up every second I have with Claire and just feeling so blessed to be at this stage in life and to feel these deep and life changing emotions. I cannot thank Matthew enough for working so hard and making it possible for me to be at home with Claire because I know that is where I need to be and most importantly I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I know that Claire is going to read this someday and I hope she doesn't think I am a total nerd and I know she will feel this same way when she has her own kids but as for now I hope she can feel and know how much she is loved. By so many people and especially by her Father in Heaven. 
At the bball game with grandpa love


playing and jumpin jacks with grama love


conference weekend in park city


attempting to make baby mocs



No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...