Saturday, July 27, 2013

Matthew's first Father's Day!




Matthew said he would write something on the blog about his first Father's Day but he has been much too busy so he can add his two cents later! It was a nice relaxing Sabbath day. I woke up early and made him breakfast in bed! I was so excited to give him the gifts I had made and his reaction was perfect. He cried.

Then we both laughed when he said, "couldn't you have just gotten me a tie like a normal person and not make me cry!" He has really taken on his father roll with flying colors! Is he a little rough, yes. Does he gag a little when changing a stink, sure. But does he love his little girl with every fiber of his being, without a doubt! We attended church and the primary had all the kids paint a foot print on a tie for their Dad's is was very cute! At the end of church all of the men got root beer floats which were a big hit! All in all it was a great day and we are so blessed to have Matthew as our father and dad. He works so hard and would do anything in the world for us. He always says, "I love my girls" (and that includes his dog daisy) I never knew how much I could love Matthew until I saw how much he loves Claire. HAPPY FIRST FATHERS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...