Slacking. The word used to describe my blogging lately. Oh well here is a catch up from the past month!
HAPPIEST FIRST BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET ANGEL!!!
We had the funnest time planning and preparing for Claire's first birthday. I know people think its crazy to put so much time and effort into a party that she wont remember but hey, your baby only turns ONE once! The first time I pulled out a bubble wand and saw the reaction on Claire's face I knew I wanted to do a bubble themed party! We picked the location of the hidden valley park because it has a pretty cool splash pad. The a day before the party we snagged the coolest blow up water slide which added so much to the party! The weather the day of the party was as to be expect, hot. Once we got everything set up it was actually starting to feel pretty nice but of course you can't count on st. george weather, it is absolutely bipolar! When Tayona got to the party she jinxed us by saying, "this is the best weather you could have asked for!" Not ten minutes later it started pouring...and I mean torrential! And then it started blowing....good bye decorations! At least it was a water party so most people were prepared to get wet! Claire had a really good time and so did everyone that came. To see the smile on our angel's face was worth every bit of planning and work. All in all it was a huge success! We can't believe a whole year has gone by but we both agree that it has been the best year of our lives thus far! I want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone that helped make the party so wonderful and for everyone that came to share in Claire's special day!
Okay I have to tell this little story because to pretend that the party planning went off without a hitch is laughable! See below the beautiful bubble garland? Fabulous right? Well someone (cough cough --Matthew) in the transportation to the park decided to not carefully lay this work of art flat but rather all on top of each other. Resulting in the worlds most tangled piece of decor! To say I was upset would be a huge understatement! We spent more time then I care to tell on that project and we tried for about an hour to detangle it with no luck. I was sadly a complete brat about it and now realize how silly it all was because in the end the few that we actually hung were destoryed by the wind and rain anyways! Okay well that was my rant but now on to all the fun party pictures!














No comments:
Post a Comment