Monday, June 17, 2013

Matthews 25th Birthday!

Happy 25th birthday to this handsome hunk! You are now a quarter of a century old!

With the up coming of Matthews 25th birthday I wanted to plan something fun for him. We are here in Texas and we have talked many times about going to the water park in Galveston called schlitterbahn. When I mentioned the idea to Matthew he thought it sounded fun but decided he probably should work instead. He saw how disappointed I was and after a chat with his mom about not letting work take priority over family he told me excitedly that we could go! I was so happy but also a little worried because I knew we would need someone to watch Claire. A wonderful friend of mine from the Liberty ward offered and I accepted right away because I knew she would do a wonderful job! She has two darling kiddos and one that is only a few months older than Claire. When Matthews birthday came I woke him up and gave him this over sized candy card!
He also got about ten new shirts, a new pair of shoes and a new hat!
Call it the first time mom in me but I was a little nervous leaving Claire. Not that I didn't think she would be well taken care of but because I thought that little mommas girl would cry and fuss the entire time I was gone. But on the contrary! She had a wonderful time and didn't even notice I was gone! And  she took a two and a half hour nap! (Which she hasn't done for me in a long time!) The water park was loads of fun and it almost felt like we were back in our dating days! Care free and goofy! Kent and sam came also and it really was a blast! Matthew all but forced me to go down the steepist, scariest slide ever and it was terrifying, not to mention it gave me the worlds worst weggie! All in all the day was a great success and it was completed with an amazing delicious dinner at The ranch hand!



..... I cannot thank rachel Devereaux enough for watching Claire and letting Matthew and I spend some much needed alone time together! Happiest birthday to my wonderfully amazing, sweet and handsome husband! You fill each day with such joy and are such an amazing daddy to Claire! Wishing you the best of all things in this your 25th year of life! Love you forever, for always, no matter what! 




My all time favorite fried mushrooms!

                                
Matthew's water mellon cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...