It was another amazing day of general conference! I have felt the Holy Ghost so strong, testifying the truths of all these wonderful messages. It feels a lot like drinking out of a fire hydrant though! Impossible to take it all in. In between sessions the kids were set on having a punch party and Claire has been dying to doll me up with lipstick and blush so I finally let her! It was fun even though Kate clinked her glass so hard it shattered, lol, oh two year olds! Matt (finally) finished his seven days on and has a break for the next few days. Actually, I can’t really say “break” because he has a final he has to take, so he is going to be super busy, but atleast we can see him a little more! Whit’s dumbledore costume came so we are almost set for Halloween, even though we aren’t even sure what we are going to do for that as far as trick or treating goes.
Caught her mid sneeze, lol




Monday 10/5
Because life has been so crazy with the virus I didn’t get the kids in for their annual check ups but decided to schedule them all at the same time or in the same day or two. Well today was one of the days and I took Austin and Whitney in. They both did really good and everything looks great health wise. They both needed multiple shots, Aust did not like his one bit and Whit was so brave but after the first one she started to kinda panic and laugh/cry but once it was over she was good! I am SO grateful for modern medicine and for vaccines to keep my children healthy and safe! Matt kept the other kids home and they all worked out and did a little bit of school. I finished up their school when I got home. And then they played in the blow up pool. It felt like the longest day ever and I was super tired after getting the kids down. I was going to go into my usual clean the kitchen, ect and Matt said, “guess I’m going to go pick up movie snacks?!” Of course I said “heck ya!” (Cleaning can wait till tomorrow) We watched Wayne’s world which neither of us had seen and it was so lame. I few funny points but a big thumbs down from me!
Tuesday 10/6
Today was round two of doctors visit. Claire and Kate went first in the morning. They also both look healthy so that’s great news! Claire had already gotten her flu shot so she was in the clear for no shots but Kate needed hers. She was very unhappy and little did she know she had to get her blood drawn too. It was the worst. They took from her arm and the lady missed her vein so she was digging around...I had Kate in straight jacket hold and I just wanted to cry. I hate, hate, seeing my kids in pain. She was fine afterwards and I took her to get ice cream so I think she forgave me. Kate is slightly anemic so I’ve been giving her an iron supliment and they wanted to check her levels again. When we got home it was another hot pool day so we hung out for a bit and then I had to take Ty in. Boy was he nervous for his shot. He asked me one hundred times, “mom what’s it going to feel like? Show me.” I proceed to give him a tiny pinch on his arm and then he says, “oh, okay” repeat that a million times, lol. He got a clean bill of health, hooray! He panicked when they came in to give his shot and he was insisant in watching them do it, they gave me a coupon for Culver’s ice cream and that bolstered his courage! We got him his victory cone on the way home. I’m glad to have all the appointments out of the way and SO glad all the kids are healthy. We spent the last few hours of the day outside playing. Jump rope was a blast the kids can’t help but laugh their heads off while jumping. Matt hopped in and did pretty good and then I tried...well five kids will wreck you I’ll just say, lol! It was a wonderful day.
Wednesday 10/7
Matt had a final he needed to take today and he was using the homeschool room so we did school in the court yard. It’s shaded so the kids all thought it was freezing and got all bundled up like it was winter! When we got school done we decided Culver’s sounded good for lunch so out we went. The house had needed some tlc aka cleaning (mostly just laundry put away) so when we got back Matt helped me do that. The kids really do love when I jump on the tramp so ty used a little rubber snake to bite some energy into me, lol! I pretended (really well I might add) that it worked and for a good forty minutes we played on the tramp! I put the kids down early so Matt could do his test in peace and quite and so I could watch the vp debate. This debate went much better than the last and Matt aced his test so yay! I’ll be glad to have him school free for like a week until the next class starts. It’s been rough having him in school not guna lie. The time when he’s not working he is studying, so I’ll be grateful when he is finished! I am grateful though that he has this chance to further his education and he is learning some really good beneficial stuff so that’s good!
Thursday 10/8We got a Halloween package from Gma Debi yesterday and I bribed the kids to go to bed and that we could open it first thing in the morning. It worked very well and they loved opening and seeing their surprises! Debi’s love language is gift giving (Matthews is too) and it fills the kids with such joy! Today was a little rough. I got very little sleep due to Austin crying and Whitney waking up multiple times with leg pain ( growing pains). I can kind of turn into a monster when I don’t sleep well and that was the case today. On top of that I had a bad headache which didn’t go away with medicine. It was rainy and the kids wanted to play outside, so we didn’t really get much done until after lunch. I was able to lay down for a bit and started to feel better! We did our school and got the kids rooms cleaned (finally!) Those were our must dos so that the kids could sleep in the pop up trailer with Matt once he got home from work. Matt knew I had a rough day and he brought me some treats and let me take the night off while he kept all the kids but Aust in the trailer! It was much needed and so nice. I took a bath and watch some of “ever after” I love that show! So grateful for a wonderful spouse who sees my needs and fills them! 















Friday 10/9So the at home camping was a success! The kids loved sleeping out there with dad and they even got to watch a baseball game before bed! Matt slept terribly as could be expected, lol. I made pancakes and took them out to the campers. Matt went inside and slept for the good part of the morning while we did school with the kids. Good news, the doctor called and Kate’s labs from her blood draw looked good her iron levels were up so they said I no longer needed to do the iron supplements so that is great news! I stopped by kid 2 kid (looove that store, it’s used kids clothes if you don’t know) and I got some cold weather clothes for Austin. I also went to pick up a Walmart grocery order and reorganized the pantry (exciting stuff I know). I’m trying to make sure we have a good set of food storage before the craziness of the election and the winter COVID season comes. We had movie night and went to bed way too late! The kids wanted to try and sleep in the trailer but Matt is on nights so we all got too scared and ended up having a sleep over in the tv room instead.





Saturday 10/10Matt is on nights now so the morning to mid afternoon we try and be quite and get outside so there isn’t too much noise inside. The kids we woke up with some sniffles so our plans of a birthday party in the afternoon were scrapped. We dropped by the present and went to get some fresh air. We decided to park hop today and Tyler has been dying to do the monkey bars so we scoped out some of the local parks. It was lots of fun but I didn’t really take many pictures! We got home in the afternoon and spent some time with Matthew before he left for work. I cleaned up the garage a bit and cleaned out my car and woah was that needed! Lol. The kids decided they wanted to try sleeping in the trailer and they finally fell asleep around 9 pm so we will see if that lasts!

THIS WEEKS VIDEO
https://youtu.be/eJpzJQ79WSQ
Friday 10/9So the at home camping was a success! The kids loved sleeping out there with dad and they even got to watch a baseball game before bed! Matt slept terribly as could be expected, lol. I made pancakes and took them out to the campers. Matt went inside and slept for the good part of the morning while we did school with the kids. Good news, the doctor called and Kate’s labs from her blood draw looked good her iron levels were up so they said I no longer needed to do the iron supplements so that is great news! I stopped by kid 2 kid (looove that store, it’s used kids clothes if you don’t know) and I got some cold weather clothes for Austin. I also went to pick up a Walmart grocery order and reorganized the pantry (exciting stuff I know). I’m trying to make sure we have a good set of food storage before the craziness of the election and the winter COVID season comes. We had movie night and went to bed way too late! The kids wanted to try and sleep in the trailer but Matt is on nights so we all got too scared and ended up having a sleep over in the tv room instead.
Saturday 10/10Matt is on nights now so the morning to mid afternoon we try and be quite and get outside so there isn’t too much noise inside. The kids we woke up with some sniffles so our plans of a birthday party in the afternoon were scrapped. We dropped by the present and went to get some fresh air. We decided to park hop today and Tyler has been dying to do the monkey bars so we scoped out some of the local parks. It was lots of fun but I didn’t really take many pictures! We got home in the afternoon and spent some time with Matthew before he left for work. I cleaned up the garage a bit and cleaned out my car and woah was that needed! Lol. The kids decided they wanted to try sleeping in the trailer and they finally fell asleep around 9 pm so we will see if that lasts!
THIS WEEKS VIDEO
https://youtu.be/eJpzJQ79WSQ
No comments:
Post a Comment