Sunday, October 4, 2020

9/27-10/3

Guess who’s back, back again!? (Read/sing in Eminem voice). Holy smokes it’s been way too long. I’m definitely going to try and play catch up but I’m also going to be keeping up with the day to day so if some posts seem out of order, they are. I did a thing and deleted all my social media in efforts to be more present, less disctracted, and to get me on here to blog more! So here I am! 


Sunday 9/27
We went to our first church meeting at the ward building since the pandemic! It was so nice to be there with our ward family. We had to sit distanced and wear a mask but it was still great! Matt is on nights so he was sleeping but I decided to brave taking everyone by myself and the kids did really good! The bishop talked about the state of the country/world and the amount of chaos and uncertainty, in his opinion things are going to get worse before they get better. He did give some good advice as far as staying close to the Lord and strengthening our relationship with Him. This weekend is general conference and I’m so excited to hear from Gods prophets and the leaders of the church. When we got home from church Whitney’s dumbledore wand was delivered and she was so excited! The other kids wands are still in shipping so they are (not so patiently) waiting for theirs. We had lunch and I put Kate and Austin down for a nap and took one myself! Why are naps so great as an adult!? In the afternoon Matt needed to do some studying so I took the kids out in his truck on the farm. We drove around and ended up on the back side of Kent and Suzannes lake and decided to sit in the shade and spend some time there. They had been out of town so I didn’t think they were home but they were and heard us out there. They came driving over and we chatted with them for a bit. The kids kept finding big sticking and saying, “if I can break this stick then I get icecream” lots of sticks were broken but we had no ice cream at home. Hearing this Suzanne said she had loads of ice cream and told the kids they could sit on the back porch and have some. Have some they did, many many scoops later we headed home! We had a nice sit down roast dinner and it’s felt like a long time since Matt’s schedule is so crazy. It was a very good day! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1z3H7Bu6pGTV1C6z4SVyupujAvMs8RpHOhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1N83jleiIQ3Men_WXEzXt1l0v2ruGy1d7https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sMec70C8PFnB2eVniLnJqR_UPTkTQcXnhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AldYyb9t-jBmUSuGxThAbh8NFy-OLTdBhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ojbuUZRJwucTvJNoOiw8xHU-QgklGZj_https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IF6ck0747Cnb4ZTX30troBXCTTgmtmcOhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Otg_HBG_Q9ZUl82IoExMody-_lhuRgw8https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GlecsAMlwdF-USXdKM_TKe5HSYz3jD2_https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jUA2rYjBrko5JlDch7fDMsitdQaApYsy

Monday 9/28
Ever since we’ve been home from vacation my desire to wake up early and work out has been non existent. It hasn’t helped that Austin has been teething and therefore he’s been up multiple times each night, also we got a puppy who wakes up 2-3 times each night and needs to go outside. So that’s been fun. However, today I decided that tired or not I would get up and work out. It felt great to move my body and normally I listen to upbeat music, today I listen to motivational speakers like Tony Robins and I really enjoyed that. I was even taking notes on our little whiteboard, which Matt saw in the evening and was very confused, lol! We had a good a school day and did some cleaning around the house. Suzanne called in the afternoon to see if the kids wanted to help harvest some rice to have checked for dryness so we scrapped history lesson today for a life lesson which I’m always happy to do. Whitney had her first “gum in hair” experience so we lathered her up in peanut butter and got it out. I would love to know the first person that figure out the peanut butter/gum thing. The rest of the day was per usual. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_BNt98VF-dgrLJbvSDwmWiAJhjBbMSeQhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WV92KvlCOdunIVUBycCdYQHiz3J_-_Bchttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15EXar6jY8bWG_JoPxMsFpLJMj7vKx98Ghttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BZ4AWLs-8SaBaB0jITQvT4qKHxDltXpChttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10xNX6O428GHxZJIxuoccFaCipAeC7eKwhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jDPd8a6X9b-tFX7CyzpEG7e4N_3aK4Lq
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1n-jjGz3XQrilxcu0ozKEmCUOLKdFsVhLhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1e0lRXsfDBF4euZQ5iheS8dZDeDVbdJKuhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1p3d1QMEza9tJFxzGDeb-3Anc7zQu9VHchttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-1nPpARNOlW8ClVurd9c3wFnW-vOobn0
Tuesday 9/29
Claire and Tyler’s wands were to be delivered today and as you can imagine I got asked 100 times a minute if they were here yet. They did arrive and every minute since has been spent pretending to be witches and wizards, it’s pretty adorable! After we finished school I joined a zoom chat, case study about health and nutrition for children and got paid $100 so that was cool! The weather has been cooling off and feeling so nice! We try to spend as much time outside as we can. After we put the kids down Matt and I watched the first presidential debate, wow, is all I can say. Well I can say more but it was rough. It’s going to be interesting to see how things work out. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jAgXFT5m9ixUbLrz1S2csQDc0TJzMn-Jhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1c2x-j5dZ8848EofM_VlxLIFFRt27IcBBhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1b736YCFa4CBZWoWDm5wjpixBRhpnIFx6https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12ADGbo3UA7yBE-xdqMlIfBd4M7tbusayhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iIYQ13FPknuV7_6POjkTNaethEQROkHDhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cJRSx369p3jxwzw_1kt6pV8B-9sGQ6__https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vpIrLBdzglQ1pe9nADmT_mMh3IOFm_hmhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OtulBVxQ8wS6NN01PuhmHxYPSTqBPVaqhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LHPH98pXC8cym0_rty3OxvWpEINsf0Awhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mAwPTqJbJGPTxi_W9ZjQ8whXh8uYdGfS

Wednesday 9/30
Today was a very chill day at home! School, play, and clean, is pretty much our schedule these days! We got some new sod where the trailer used to be so I’ve been moving the sprinkler around on it each day and today I was paying attention and stepped in an fire ant pile, I didn’t notice until I looked down and my foot was black, completely covered by ants...so that was not fun. This fall weather has been a dream and the kids are soaking up all the outdoor time they can. Little Jynx loves to chase the kids around and try and bite their booty, they think it’s a riot, well everyone but Kate! Claire found my old calculator which has some games on it so she’s been trying to play those which is a blast from the past for sure. Because we stayed up late watching the debate, Matt was bushed when he got home so he went right to bed. He’s on seven days of 12 hour shifts so it’s been a little crazy around here! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VjTXGM1ob9rcOtQ6udwA5fRvdxCEJsTehttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oCZQrAP9fbe3iWd4lRHcNg7LfenYfqy7https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-k6i9IwXe5NN2usTi6GJazXCqq5DIzpahttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11ivFM7Hd1uBJHOtMnNIDqP6hbbJ5c3y_https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EoPr2-7nDJ9iiLmuHPou8f9IwFRa0fDl
Thursday 10/1
After we finished school we went to Costco and picked up a grocery order, which is hands down the greatest thing of all time! We cleaned up the house and garage to get ready for our Friday fun day (co op play date) we made some chocolate chip cookies which turned out pretty good! It was a busy, exhausting day for sure! A little story and example of Claire being awesome. When we were getting ready for bed Ty was complaining that his back hurt. It was giving him a good amount of pain and I was trying everything I could to get him comfortable enough to fall asleep. Claire heard him and came rushing in very concerned. Any time the kids (or even myself) are hurt or sick she takes up the roll of nurse. After I had given medicine, heat pad, rubbed, ect. I decided I was going to go to bed and see if he could fall asleep. Claire said she wasn’t going to bed but instead laid on his floor in case he needed something. She stayed in there all night. Such a sweetheart! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QBeurHZvqkjgxQ8Th63bVHdfbQPP4mQshttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KQLe4pvZ6qGrIhNUc64AR6KaQXd_EevRhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pDdaBPAsooL28b64kf4a6GUrFrwG4JeNhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1YCernAYwTYCYLnP0mV71OBE6PFHT9HNf
Friday 10/2
Today was busy, busy and lots of fun! We hosted Friday fun day (a large homeschool play date essentially) we had roughly 20 kids over to play and luckily the weather was perfect! The kids rode bikes scooters, ect. We had a big game of kickball (my team got destroyed lol) and everyone brought lunch so we had a big outdoor picnic. It was a good time and so nice to sit around and chat with other adults. After everyone left we had about an hour before we had to take Jynx to the vet. He is such a good boy and did great with all the poking and prodding. I only took one picture yesterday which has got to be some sort of a record low, lol. The kids begged me to play on the tramp which I did, but man it is just the worst reminder that I am an old lady! It was lots of fun though. The theme of my life is #blessed. God is so good and I love my family so much. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1n5urvlPBJU4d56Q4BLp0Y0IaSvetIgbD
Saturday 10/3 
Today is one of my favorite days of the year! It’s general conference weekend! We started the morning off with crepes which I have not had in ages, I don’t know why because they are delicious and so easy to make! The kids really liked them except for Ty because he thinks they taste likes eggs which he does not like. The first session of conference was AMAZING, like A-MAZ-ING! The world to me has felt so divided and in such turmoil and I have been letting too much fear, concern, and (I hate to say it) but contention into my heart. My soul has needed this recharge and recentering to God. I have stayed in His word and we read each morning as a family which has brought me peace but then I (used to) get on social media and see the contention and divisiveness there, or read the news and all it’s troubles, anyways this has been much needed and I could feel the spirit of the Lord SO strong, I was in tears multiple times because of the goodness of God and to feel His love, is the best feeling in the world. Between session we went out side and soaked up the sun! The kids played in the sprinkler on the tramp. The second session was just as wonderful and I really loved a talk about the culture of Christ. The whole world really needs to hear these messages and the good news of the gospel! Claire has her mind fixed that she was going to make me and Matthew dinner and let us have a little date which I thought was sweet. She sent Matthew a Marco Polo (in secret) to let him know the plan! She even got her siblings on board to help serve and provide entertainment lol. Matt even brought me flowers on his way home from work! It was really nice to sit out in the court yard and have some alone time while the kids ate dinner inside! For a little while at least until Claire brought us dessert, then Kate and Whit had to come check it out (and help us eat it of course!) Whitney played her guitar and sang us a song about how life is better when we’re together, boy is she right! Matthew took the kids out to get icecream so I could watch the evening women’s session, it was very good as well! One major theme is becoming a zion people and preparing ourselves temporally and spiritually for the days ahead. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13qjbJWP0WTAeVG3gaadpkSe0sTiKA0-fhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Id-YrWFWdCx7O6ipszn6FzpFJa6DoCYvhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11zEUH5aPu7BKTNghYUnY92XrHGVopQ6qhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1V5sM5f6sMvupnxyBYJU-N-21jlhoyzXdhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1UbmoqWizk1lShxCzRLLljTkKyO0GdO8Jhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eqTDbsR2m6-klnV9R3mNg3dkPwOhh1W-
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TiIe0sMoVXj8Pp_BPrUe4R9sCIVsdyhF

Videos from this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...