Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The drive to Texas!


Thursday morning Matt found out he was going to have to go work in northern ms for two weeks! I decided it would be the perfect time to head to Texas for a visit! It was projected to be about a 6.5 hour drive so I figured it was possible because Claire is such a good little traveler! I head out on friday morning and in my first 30 minutes i recived several phone calls and texts telling me I was most likely going to run into a big storm. I debated turning around but I felt good about moving forward so away we went! Claire slept for the first few hours and I listened to "Little women" on cd. It is such a great book and just might make it to the top of my favorites! We had to stop a few times to each and stretch and we hit bumper to bumper traffic for about and hour. It took us about 7.5 hours and it really went by very fast! The drive was gorgeous! The sides of the roads were covered in purple, yellow, and white flowers. I wanted so terribly to stop and pick some but I do not like stopping on the side of the road. It is so pretty and green here I just love all of the trees! It feels so great to be back here and I know this area in Texas will always hold such a tender place in our hearts because this is were we started off our married life and brought home our first child! I am excited for this coming week and seeing all of our friends and letting Claire play with her grandpa!


*Our beautiful sisters' are valiant Missionaries!!
To follow Megan on her journey go here---> sistermaygenloveland.blogspot.com
And to follow Jessie on hers----> sisterjessicajamison.blogspot.com

Sorry for the picture quality! Blogger phone app. updated and now the picture quality is terrible!






Claire had her first experience with day care at the gym and it was not the best experience ever! They let her cry for over and hour without coming to get me. She was crying harder than I've ever seen her before and it took me a good 30 minutes to calm her down! We did go again the next day and there was a different worker and she called me anytime Claire wouldn't calm down so it went much better and the day after that they didn't have to call me once!

This was Claire snuggling daddy after her hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...