
It amazes me how much a newborn consumes every ounce of your being. I feel as though life before Claire never happened! Every trace of my former life has been dissolved and transformed into a new life that orbits solely around her. Although I still do things that I had done before, all things have new meaning and purpose. It is amazing to me that God could create such a perfect fragile being and then entrust that little one into the arms of such an imperfect and also fragile being. I hope I am not alone in my anxieties of parenthood. It is quite a daunting thought that from the moment they are first placed into your arms until...well, the rest of time, you will constantly be concerned for their welfare! Parenthood is the greatest calling/responsibility that we will ever have! It humbles me deeply having started on this wonderful journey and I pray daily that I will rise to the occasion and through Gods help be the best parent I possibly can!

On that note, Claire is sick (sad face), she has a pretty bad cough but so far it's her only symptom. I'm hoping it leaves as quick as it came. Aunt Jessie is in town visiting during her fall break from the "U". It's her first time meeting sug (Claire's official nickname and not to be confused with gangster suge knight!) so far it's been a great visit and she is great with her niece! It was general conference this past weekend and all I can say is WoW! So many wonderful talks that answered questions and inspired change. President Monson made the shocking announcement regarding changes to the missionary age requirements. Men can now leave at 18 and women at 19! I think there will be a huge increasing in missionaries especially in sisters! I've never seen so many jaws drop at once including my own! It is truly amazing that we get to listen to Prophets and Apostles who tell us what God wants us to hear!

On the baby front Claire is big as ever and has really started to show a little of her personality! Every morning when she wakes up I get the most adorable smiles! It makes my whole day! She loves story time and is so interested in never page I turn. She coo's a lot more and it continues to crack us up! Matt is still as smitten as ever and is proving to be quite the "super dad" doing any and every thing for her! This time in our lives is such a blessing and I am loving each moment! I am so looking forward to our trip to Utah next month so Claire can meet the rest of her wonderful family for now pictures and Skype are our best friends! One last piece of awesomeness is Claire's sleep patterns rock! Most nights she is up to eat once maybe twice and some nights she sleeps right on through! I feel like i am blessed with such an angel!

![]() |
| Our first experience with GUMBO! Very tasty! |
![]() |
| Yes your mom is crazy |
![]() |
| Had a great time with some wonderful friends while the men were at the priesthood session! |



No comments:
Post a Comment