Saturday, August 4, 2012

Surprise!

I had the worlds greatest surprise that my mom and Matt pulled off! My mom originally had plans and a ticket to come on July 27th which was four days before Claire's due date. The week of the 16th-20th was a tough week for me because I was getting very ancey and bored. Matt told me he would take me on a date and we would have a really good day on Friday the 20th. I looked forward to it all week and when friday finally came around it started wonderfully! Matt made me a wonderful breakfast in bed and massaged my feet! He took me out to lunch and was so sweet all day. When it came time for us to go to dinner I was ready to get out of the house and spend time with just Matthew and I since I knew it would be one of the last times. As I was getting ready he told me that Caronline (Suzanne's Daugther) was flying in from California and that we would have to pick her up and she would come to dinner with us. I smiled and said okay but I really thought, "man I just wanted a night with us." Matt could tell I was bugged and tried to comfort me! When we got to the airport her bags hadn't arrived to the baggage claim so we had to drive around the airport a few times. About the fourth drive around Matt told me to get out and look for her and help her with her bags. I got out and looked everywhere! I started to walk into the airport and then I heard a familiar voice say, "Hey!", when I looked and I saw my mom. I could not believe my eyes! And I had apparently walked right past her. I just looked at her, and was beyond surprised/happy/confused! Then I put my hands to my face and just burst into tears! We hugged and I said what are you doing here!! It was soooo great! I was highly surprised that Matt and my mom were able to keep such a great secret! The best part is, that morning I woke up and thought, "Hey my mom should just come early!". I asked Matt what he thought and he said that it wouldn't be possible because she would have to work. I texted her very early and asked her if she wanted to skype because I wanted to ask her just to see! She told me that she was walking the dogs and she would call me later! When we were on the way to the airport I told Matt, "I think my mom hates me because she didn't call me all day!" It was the best day ever! We went to Cewy's a Mexican restaurant and it was delicious. I think it didn't really sink in for a few days that she was actually here because I kept looking at her and saying I can't believe it! 

My mom got here on July 20th and she figured since she had a few days off she would come early and make sure she didn't miss Claire's birth! We had four days together before I went into labor! Every day after she got here she would say okay Claire you can come anytime now! And she also wanted it to rain! We had a great few days together, we kayaked, went on lots of long walks, and watched beautiful sunrises! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...