Friday, August 24, 2012

1 Month


It has been quite the journey this past month! I have been so blessed to have family visiting to help me and to meet our little angel! My mom was able to be here for about two weeks after Claire was born and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her! I feel much more confident in my abilities as a mother after she helped me learn the ropes! We were then blessed to have Matt's mom come for a week! It was such a joy to watch her interact with Claire! This little one is so loved by so many! After Debi left Matt's brother Sam was able to come for a few days! He is going to make a great father someday! Well because I was trying to soak up every moment with family I just made little notes of things I wanted to remember from the first few weeks of her life!

Week One
One Week!
At her Dr.'s Appt. five days after her birth, she weighed 8.9lbs and was 21 inches  long
Almost every morning my mom and I would get up and watch the sunrise while Claire and Matt were sleeping

Holding her first grand baby!

Playing with Mom

Nap time with daddy!

I'm obsessed with her toes!

My little bug!
First bath!
Maybe not her most favorite thing ever just yet!
Had her first photo shoot with chelsea carrell!! although she was very fussy we got some great  shots!






first nail trimming! 






Week Two


Claire had her second photo shoot with Christina Mckinney!

From the moment my mom found out that we lived by a train track she wanted to go see it. Finally a few days before she left we loaded Claire in the car and found a place to wait for it! Assuming we would be there for quite a while we settled in and much to surprise it came almost as soon as we got there! My mom almost missed her chance to take some pictures! The train conductor tooted his horn for us!

at her second dr.s appt she weighed 9.5lbs and was 22 inches long! The doctor couldn't believe it so he measured her twice! She also had her PKU test and it was awful! Seeing her cry and not being able to console her killed me (yes I cried!) It took the lady yso long and she just kept squeezing my poor babies foot! It was traumatizing for us both! No fun! 
Grandma's morning kayak run!
Saying goodbye to Nana 



Week Three


Grandma Debi arrives!

First trip to the mall! Of course we had to go to baby gap and get her first outfit!



Lost her umbilical cord!
Spending time with mi mi!


Trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science
Water Wall

Williams tower




Week Four
Trip to the San Jacinto Monument and the battleship on my birthday
Spending my Seventh Birthday in a row with this wonderful man! I am such a lucky girl!
She is such a great sport when run around all over the place!
First ride in the swing!
She had her first run in with the evil stuffy nose and cough! Sleeping elevated seems to help!
Finally found a pacifier she will take!
Sam came this week but for some reason I don't have any pictures of him! It was so fun to watch him play with his niece! We are very glad he was able to come out and see her!
 Over all this has been such an amazing month. By far the best one of my life! I have tried my very best to soak up every single moment! There are times when I should have put her in her bed and tried to sleep but instead I just hold her in my arms and watch her. She started smiling a lot right before she doses off and I have never seen such a beautiful smile! I am in so much trouble when she can flash her pretty smile at me on demand! She has her dad and I so completely wrapped around her finger! I know these days of her being a new born are numbered and that makes me so sad! To just hold her all day while she sleeps, to feed her, to comfort her, those are the things that now make my life complete! I thought that having a baby would require me to teach but in reality I have already learned so much from her! I never could have imagined the type of love and the bond that forms between parent and child! I have so much more love and respect for my own mother. I thank my Father in Heavenly constantly for giving me the opportunity to be a mom and that he entrusted me with such an amazing little girl! Ya its been hard, ya I am more tired than I have ever been but I have absolutely loved every single moment of Claire first month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...