Monday, July 9th
Some days at the end of the day I go into my photos and realize I only took two pictures the entire day! Who have I become! The old me (a whole two months ago ;) took at least 50 pictures a day. Now I just need to find a happy medium. My parents and Heidi came over in the morning and the kids were ecstatic! My dad and I ran up to Smiths because in Claire's words, "I am starving and we only have two boxes of cereal!" Poor soul. After grocery shopping, I took Kate over to her six-month appointment. She looks great on the growth chart and she got her vaccinations. My parents went to lunch with my dad's mission president and some other missionaries. In the afternoon they headed back down to St. George. I seriously think I have the worlds best parents and also my sister is so good to my kids and they love her to bits. In the evening we went over to the village for a bbq. It is nights like those that I really miss living there and being around such great people. All in all, it was a great day!
Tuesday, July 10th
Oh boo, I had almost the whole week written up but it didn't save....so if I am short in my writing that is why. Today was the famous chickfila day! We couldn't pass up free food so we busted out some paper and made some "cow" (looked more like dog) ears. In the afternoon Claire and Tyler had a doctors appointment. Is it weird that my kids love the doctor? Claire is in the 92nd percentile for height and weight and Ty is in the 60th for both. Ty was very brave when he got his tetanus shot and did the cutest little nervous laugh cry.
Wednesday, July 11th
The kids woke up with a hankering for pancakes and bacon and who can say no to that. Claire worked on her flipping skills and did an amazing job! It is so fun to see my kids learn to do new things and the confidence it brings them. The kids were playing pretend and Claire's stuffed animal asks Whitney's doggy stuffed animal, "What is your name?" Whitney says, "My name is puppy!" Both Matt and I look at each other with gaping mouths like holy cow! It was awesome. When Matt got back from the gym he took the kids to get free Slurpees at 7-11. Their faces will tell you how they felt about the frozen sugar water...yum! We went to the library before Matt had to go to work and it was a rookie mistake to take Whit during nap and lunch time to a quiet place.... let's just say it didn't stay quite long. There was a book sale though so I filled up a grocery sack full of books for a dollar so that was great. The rest of the day was spent packing.
Thursday, July 12th
Did you hear of build a bear's pay your age day? If you didn't consider yourselves blessed. lol. I don't know what I was thinking when I bribed my kids to bed Wednesday night with the option of going to face the crowds to get a build a bear but in when I woke up today I thought hmm this is going to be insane. I had told my friend about it so I decided I was going to drive by to see how crazy the line was....oh my heavens I can't even tell you. There were at least 500 + people that I could see outside. I read online later that some people waited 8 hours to get inside?? Ya, no. So my friend and I decided to hit up a nearby park and the let the kids play and then when the DI opened we let them pick out a toy AND a stuffed animal...it only cost me $3.75 total. Ty kept calling it his build a bear...so I'm going to call it a win. Later in the afternoon, we went over to the village for the summer bash blast thing and it was fun! You can't go wrong with snow cones, cupcakes, waterslides, and sprinklers. After we went to Sarah's and had pizza. What a boring life we live right?
Friday, July 13th
Well, there was nothing freaky about this Friday! My hunk of a muscle man went to the gym early and the kids wanted a repeat of pancake/bacon breakfast. When I said early who can say no to that? The answer is me I can say no. haha. However, they said they would do everything themselves. All I did was start the oven and the stove and they did everything! It was awesome. They also promised to do all the clean up so I held them to it. We didn't do too much today besides.....can you guess? That is right, cleaning and packing.
Saturday, July 14th
Oh, Saturdays are my favorite. Why you ask? Because we get Dad for the whole day! Matt went out rattlesnake hunting bright and early and thankfully had no luck. When he got back we headed out on a walk with the kids. It was a beautiful overcast day so it actually felt nice being out. On the way home, it sprinkled lightly which was magical. We spent the greater part of the afternoon packing up the bedroom but weren't able to get it all finished before parent night out. Claire and Tyler went to pno but we had the younger girls. We went to city creek and met up with the Haslam's. Whit and Izzy are becoming the cutest litte friends and they had a fun time playing together.
Sunday, July 15th
Last night was rough. Matt had a head-splitting toothache and we were both up all night trying to help him get some relief. I woke up extremely late for church but because it was the kids last Sunday in our ward I wanted them to go. I was able to teach our primary class one last time and I really do love those kids. Claire's primary teacher is so amazing and just loves her and made her this darling lei. She was in tears saying goodbye to Claire and it made me sad to leave but happy to have such wonderful people around us. Whit's nursery leaders are hands down the best ever so it was hard to say goodbye to them too. Matt was majorly drugged up and we had made plans with Danny and jacky earlier in the week so we went out to Tibble fork reservoir with them and it was beautiful. After we went to Jacky's dads for her brother Kevins birthday and that was a lot of fun. The kids were totally hammered when we got home so it was a quick and easy bedtime! This week was amazing I seriously love my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment