Monday, July 9, 2018

7/2-7/8

Monday, July 2nd
Today I spent a lot of the day trying to pack and organize some of the downstairs. Claire wanted to practice her typing skills so we wrote some notes to our pen pals. I called Danny in the morning to see if he wanted some of Matts old biking jerseys and Jacky had the day off so they invited us down to go swimming! The kids had a great time and it felt nice to cool off in this hot weather! A long time ago when we were dating Matt bought me a skateboard that I never used that I ended up selling to Danny. Claire has been begging us for some time to get a skateboard so Danny gave her the skateboard for her birthday present and she loves it! We spent all of the late afternoon practicing and she is really getting the hang of it!










The view from Matt's work is dreamy!

Tuesday, July 3rd
Today we just hung out at home as I have come to the realization that this packing thing is going to take me a LOT longer than I was expecting. It feels nice not to pack in a rush and to feel much more organized than in past moves. Claire and Tyler have been playing pretty good the past few weeks which is fun to watch. 






July 4th
We had a very enjoyable fourth of July. Click here to check it out.

Also, here are some videos!



Thursday, July 5th
Matt took Claire to the skate park to practice riding and she did really good! 



Skating videos





I love my little helper cleaners!
Whit LOVES to do the dishes! For now, it makes more of a mess than anything but ill just foster this in her and have my little dish-doer in the future!

Friday, July 6th
Not many pictures today. My parents and Heidi came up in the evening and brought us some dinner! Heidi stayed the night with us and my parents headed up to Logan to spend the night with Megan.
Claire is holding an umbrella over princess Whitney

 Kate turned 6 months! Check out that post here.


Saturday, July 7th
Today we headed up to Idaho for the weekend! We stopped by the pocatello zoo and it was......interesting? The kids had a good time because kids are awesome. It was mega hot and the whole zoo uphill so toting everyone around was hard but like I said the kids had fun so it was fine! Went to the hotel next and went swimming. My Aunt and Uncle just got off a mission and were having a reunion but later in the day we went to the ranch and had dinner and got to see everyone! I can't believe how quickly that three years went by but it is so good to have them home and to get a big hug from my Aunt Ann! Their son Neal is headed on his own mission to Brazil this coming week so this was a homecoming-farewell combo. It was so good to see everyone! 















Sunday, July 8th
The girls actually slept pretty well in the hotel which was a blessing! Claire and Ty stayed in a room with Heidi and they thought that was the greatest! We went to church in the morning and it was so wonderful to hear some of the experiences that Kevin and Ann had on their mission. Their testimonies were very powerful and the overwhelming message I took away was how much God loves his children and how aware of us He is. Neal did a wonderful job on his talk and is going to be such a great missionary he has pretty much been on a mission these past three years so this will just be a second mission for him! The people of Brazil are going to be very blessed by him. After church, we went to the Loveland's and had lunch and got to see all the family and catch up. It was a wonderful day! We couldn't stay for the evening fireside because it would have put us on the road too late but I can bet it was very powerful and I was sad to miss it. The kids were bushed by the fun-filled weekend and all of them slept on the way home. I am so glad we got to go be with everyone and for all the amazing people I have in my life. I love my family. I am blessed. 




Straight up worn out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...