Tuesday, December 31, 2013

27 weeks / 17 Months

Alright folks this is a mad dash to do some catching up! Matt has been out of school so we are soaking up every second we have with him until he becomes the worlds busiest man again!

27 weeks

(PICTURE TO COME)
How far along: 27 weeks!
Weight gain: Well I am having a hard time remembering my starting weight but I will say I have at least a solid ten pounds. YIKES!
Maternity clothes: No exceptions!
Stretch marks: No
Belly button in or out: Flat as a pancake
Sleep: No bueno, put constantly and can't get comfortable...but hey at least its a nice warm bed?
Best moment this week: The best has been feeling our super active Little man always on the move.
Worst moment this week: Starting to get into that uncomfortable cramped/running out of room stage. Ya I know I still have a loooong ways to go!
Miss anything: Right about now I am missing having my bladder to my self and not having someone use it as a trampoline! lol.
Movement: Like I said earlier this boy can MOVE. And he does, constantly!
Cravings: Orange Juice...like crazy. 
Queasy or sick: Nope, feeling pretty good!
Looking forward to: Our doctors appt on friday! I just wish they did an ultra sound every time! I want to see him again! And of course CHRISTMAS!!! 
All about baby: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more thanan average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

To see week 27 of last pregnancy Click here


17 Months



(I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is all caps in this section and I have exhausted all my efforts to change it so SORRY!!) 

To say the time has flown by would be a huge understatement! We cannot believe our baby is almost a year and a half old! But it has seriously been the funnest/most rewarding thing to watch her grow and learn these past few months! As sad as it is to admit she now seems to fit into the category of toddler. She is the most active little girl and we have a hard time keeping up with all of her energy! The biggest theme for Claire at this stage is....i.d.e.p.e.n.d.e.n.t!! Seriously though, she wants to do everything by herself! I would say 80% of her melt downs are because we aren't letting her do something by herself! And the other 20% are because we can't speak baby and don't know what she wants/needs! lol. I can't believe in less than a month she will be old enough to go into nursery! (even though we have snuck her in a few times already and she has done great!) She still isn't as verbal as most of the kids I watch that are around her same age, and when I say verbal I mean saying actual words. She "talks" all the time! But in her own baby language (so cute, but there is not a google translation for it!) At first I was a little worried but I am really not in too big of a hurry for her to be TALKING?? That just seems crazy! She does say things like da da, shoes, heidi, pleeeese, more, and so on...no mom yet though! (sad face) Anyways, I can feel like we are right on the verge of a big change so I am just trying to soak up every second of my "baby". And speaking of baby if we ask her where baby is she will lift up my shirt and lay her head on my belly and then give it a big smooch! So cute. She loves to pull you by the finger and drag anyone who is willing all over the place or to a destination that has something she wants. She loves being chased around and likes to try and "scare" you. She LOVES her baths and would stay in there all day if we let her. Her big thing too is "reading" she will let me read to her but then when its her time she gets to sit in the chair and open the books and jabber on and on and I better be listening or she will make sure I am! Man I could write for hours on all the things she is doing and learning but I will just end by saying I never thought I could be so happily involved in the everyday business of raising a baby and how I could sit, play, snuggle, laugh, clean, feed, chase, scold, and love this little girl all day everyday for the rest of my life and that is exactly what I plan on doing!
*Oh i can't believe I almost forgot! On 12/26/13 Claire took her first poop in the big person potty and has done in another time since then!? Pretty cool and pretty gross if you aren't a mom and think that it's cool! LOL
looking at the new fallen snow!
Claire made the front page of the paper!
Sold our Jetta for an older (and more affordable) Jetta




Went up north to help danny move and to go to the "sacred gifts" display at byu




went bowling with Matt's co-workers

At Claire's 16 month appt. she came in the 10th percentile for her weight at 20.5 lbs, and she wasn't even on the charts anymore for her height at 32 inches!




No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...