Monday, December 31, 2012

Claire's First Christmas!

 Claire turned five months on Christmas day and very Merry Christmas was had this year! We spent it here in Texas and although we missed our families it was great! The weather was a wonderful 75 degrees. It felt great but it sort of made it feel not so much like Christmas! My parents package got their that day and I called my grandma because she said she had sent one but we still hadn't gotten it! When I called she told me she sent it to the p.o. Box so we rushed over and it had made it! I was so glad because there hasn't been one year that I can remember not opening up a Christmas eve gift of pjs from gma and pa loveland! We got John dear stuff this year it was so cute! 


We spent Christmas eve with Kent, Suzanne and the missionaries!

We prepared and ate a wonderful meal!

And then we opened up a gift from kent and Suzanne it was some wonderful CDs and Christmas movies! The spirit and feeling of Christmas is my favorite! Christmas morning we opened up a bunch of gifts! Claire got utterly spoiled as should happen on a beautiful babes first Christmas!



Then we went and ate cinnamon rolls and hot cocco and did presents with kent and Suzanne. They got Claire an amazing Amish high chair. We then went and skyped our families! Later the missionaries came over to Skype with their families! I love this time of the year with the lights and the treats and the children filled with such wonder but mostly I love getting to celebrate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He came to the earth in such humble circumstances and yet lived such an amazing life. This year we were challenged to give a gift to the Savior. After all it is his birth we are celebrating! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and regardless of what gifts were received or given I hope everyone could feel the love the Savior has for us and in return the love we have for him!












No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...