

A few things that are new that she does is she reaches more and is getting quite good and putting her hands where she wants them. It's so fun to sit above her and have her just play with my face! She has started giggling a lot more and is even a little ticklish at times! It is so fun!! She has also found her feet and boy does she find them entertaining! The first few times she would try sooo hard to get a hold of them but they would flop back down to the floor now she can grab them easily and even uses them for a pacifier at times! It means bad news for her socks though! A few pairs stay on despite her tugging but most of them end up as chew toys! Her personality is really coming out and she is such a happy baby!! Always smiling at everyone! But she is also very opinionated! She know what she wants when she wants it and it's for me to find out! She definitely has figured out the concept if gravity and would much rather be in the upright position! She just holds her head up and try's so hard to sit up if we lay her down or she just flips on her belly!


I have been a mess this past week with the events of the elementary school shooting. My heart aches so badly for the families of those victims. I just look at Claire and cry because i am so happy she is here. I used to say things like I'm so sad she is growing up. But I'm not sad I'm so extremely happy that she is growing up. That she is here and I get to see and experience each day with her. I know without a doubt that all of those children are in a better place and that their families will see them again but my heart still breaks for those left behind. If I could just wrap them in a hug and take an ounce of their pain... Ugh this life is hard and some people are asked to endure hard things. I hope with all my being they know of their Savior and what he has done for them. I want to end with this cute poem by Debra S. Higginbotham about children.

Sticky fingers ' tangled hair,
scattered crayons, everywhere.
Fancy artwork ' on the wall '
drawn by midgets ' three feet tall.
Tell me why ' and tell me how '
that was mine ' I want it NOW!
Fix my bike. Buy me gum.
If you have it, I want some.
Dirty faces, grass-stained knees,
learning words ' like pretty please.
Endless hugs & goofy wet kisses,
learning respect with 'Mr.' & 'Mrs.'
Scraped-up hands, from falling down.
Tender tugs - - on my night gown.
Need more paper ' for Santa's letter?
I wasn't so bad ' but I've been better.
Watching a movie ' again and again '
Mommy, please ' put the tape back in.
Messy fingers ' hair gone wild '
all in the life ' of a precious child !!














No comments:
Post a Comment