Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 15!!


Claire is laying on me fast asleep as I write. I am laying so quietly that I can hear each little breath and feel her heart beat against my chest. Being her mother is such an honor! With the events of yesterday's election weighing heavily on my mind I have to take a moment and find an eternal perspective. I know God is aware of us and our concerns, He does however allow us to make our own choices and we as a nation have made our choice. That being said, the most important thing in this world to me is my family. No matter what turmoil or change comes to this once great country I will still have my family. We are only going to become closer and try harder to obey the Commandments. We may come upon harder economic times but that will promote more self reliance. We will face greater moral decay but that will invite us to stand even more firm in our beliefs. I will continue to pray everyday that our President will find it somewhere deep within to try and preserve what good is left in this world. Please Mr. President do not crush our children's future with even more massive amounts of debt. Please Mr. President don't allow selfish women to end so many precious lives. And finally please Mr. President do not take God out of this Country, for it is His and not yours. And on that note I will switch to the updates on our sweet angel! We went into Houston with Lorrie to the discovery green park and had a great time.
On the weekend we had Nate and Carla over for foil dinners on the fire. The boys cooked up a snake Matt has killed the day before and needless to say it tasted like rubber and there was very little meat on it! I'm hoping it's the last time I have to eat it! Yesterday Claire was laying on her back and has gotten very close to rolling on to her tummy. She gets on her side with no problem it is just her arm that gets in the way and she normally gets flung back on to her back after teetering on her arm for a few seconds. I was trying to record it because I knew it was going to happen soon but I looked away for a short moment only to turn around and find her on her tummy! I was so bummed that I missed it but when I set her back down a few minutes later she did it again with me watching and I was ecstatic! All of the development articles I read say that babies does normally progress to that stage until around 5 to 6 months. It doesn't surprise me though because she is so big for her age! (yes I'm that proud mom that thinks my baby is amazing!) My sweet little newborn that would snuggle and sleep all the time is growing up. I am enjoying absolutely every moment and I know her Dad and I will be her biggest cheerleaders! Well, this post has been quite long and I must snuggle on Claire before she wakes up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

9/1/24-9/7/24 Labor day fun!

We had gone up to Enterprise Resvior on Saturday night to fish and swim and had such a good time we decided to head back up Sunday to camp. ...