"Home is the place you grow up wanting to leave,
This quote would not have had as big an impact on me a few months ago, as it does now.
Growing up I always viewed being home as a burden. I wanted to be with friends, or live closer to town.
As I got older and we as siblings started to become friends rather than punching bags, my view changed.
My home became a sanctuary and a place that I felt truly blessed to call my own.
Anytime I would leave for extended periods, I would get what some would call homesickness!
I did not only miss my physical home, but the many precious things inside.
My family had become my very most prized possession.
The expression that, "You don't know what you got till it's gone" is very fitting for me now.
I know with out a doubt that Matthew and I have both took our homes for granted.
And our families as well.
This post is a dedication to two things. The wonderful houses that protected us and gave us a place to make
wonderful memories, and to the families who taught us many priceless lesson and gave us more love
and comfort than we will every truly realize.
A million thank you's to all of you.
We love you forever and always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On that note we have to give our extreme gratitude to the blessed journey we are now on.
Although it still feels weird to think of Texas as our home, we are so happy for this new adventure.
We are learning to rely completely on each other, and of course the Lord.
I know that it doesn't matter where we physically live, but that our home is with each other.
Any place in the world will become our home as long as we are together.
Home is wherever I'm with you.
A fitting song! Just stop listening at about 3 mins & 10 sec.



No comments:
Post a Comment